Physical layout is the process of converting the design intent into the actual layout of a circuit. Physical layout tools optimize the design, given a number of design constraints, such as footprint, automation and packaging. The layout is then used to manufacture the masks that transmit the pattern onto the wafer.
dw-2000™ Layout Editor is the solution to your physical layout needs. Layout Editor, which is the core dw-2000 module, is used for creating layouts aimed at mask manufacturing. It is a powerful tool that includes all the functionality required for custom layout, at an affordable price, which makes it possible for every engineer to have his or her own desktop tool. It provides a fully integrated and customizable environment for physical layout and verification. And its superior performance, along with features required by experienced designers, places it in a class of its own.
The easy to use and learn interface of Layout Editor reduces the learning curve and allows designers to become productive quickly. The ability to customize the interface reduces the learning curve further because it allows users to tailor the tool according to their needs and preferences.
Parameter cells (p-cells) provide the ability to automatically generate device layouts based on user-defined parameters. The GPE scripting language is easy to code, which allows designers to quickly define their own user specific p-cells.
dw-2000 Layout Editor – Benefits
- GDSII is the standard format for the semiconductor industry and a GDSII native tool ensures that your physical layout will be correctly manufactured. Other tools that are not GDSII native require additional steps to convert the layout into GDSII – a GDSII native tool saves time and reduces risks of errors and costs.
- Although generic tools can be used to accomplish this task, given the critical nature of these types of designs, the needs of experienced layout designers and other specific features, there is no compromise for a dedicated tool for custom layout. This complex and very sensitive task is simplified by using the right tools dedicated for the task.
- The powerful all angle Boolean engine allows designers to quickly and accurately create layers that are derived from the modeling stage. It also allows designers to create other fabrication layers that are not necessarily part of the design intent, but necessary for manufacturing. Automatically generating layers saves time and reduces human error.
- The scripting language (GPE) allows designers to define their designs mathematically and then have a script automatically generate the layout. The GPE language has broad range of commands and mathematical operations for creating physical layout.
- The interface can be customized to the designer’s particular needs using the GPE scripting language. Macros can be programmed and then executed from the menu or toolbar, increasing the designer's efficiency by eliminating the need to perform repetitious commands.
- More complex designs are simplified by using a hierarchical organization. dw-2000’s proprietary database supports hierarchical designs. It also has editing features, such as Edit-in-place and Multi-context editing, that improves productivity when working with hierarchical designs.
Layout Editor is part of the dw-2000
tool suite. Click here
for more information on the dw-2000